Customers don’t like to be sold, but they like to buy. That’s why Direct Response Marketing, when done right, gives you the best return on your investment dollars. It offers a non-salesy way to purchase your product or service or to respond in exchange for a newsletter, posting a comment on your site or blog, etc. Of course, in these instances, it works best if you limited the period and quantity of the offer.
Direct response marketing is a marketing effort that makes an offer and gives a direct call to action response from your customer or potential customers. Therefore, you can use this type of marketing to provide valuable information, present your Market Dominating Position, and highlight the benefits (not features) of your products and services.
Forms of Direct Response Marketing
You can implement Direct Response Marketing in various forms, including:
- Direct mail (I don’t care what the so-call social media marketers say, this is still #1)
- Print ads
- Radio and TV ads
- Coupons or other incentives
Advantages of Direct Response Marketing
Some of the advantages of direct response marketing are:
- When done right, it is your best return on your marketing dollars (ROI).
- Presents possible opportunities for you to up-sell and cross-sell to current customers.
- Can used it as leverage to turn your small sales into large sales.
- Cost-effective way to reach your target market (Covered in Chapter 1 of my book Profit and Cash Flow Marketing…Fast, 10 Ways to Out Think, Out Market, Out Sell Your Competition, In Any Economy). Invest In This Invaluable Resource Here.
- Offers measurable results (You can track dollar responses – a click is not a dollar).
- You can also target a direct marketing plan to reach outside your current geographic market for new business.
- Increases the effectiveness of your sales team.
These are market dominating and cash flow increases that can come from creating a direct response marketing plan and then, executing it.
Low Risk – High Profit
Jay Abraham, founder and CEO of the Abraham Group, a marketing consultant firm, had this to say about direct-response marketing.
“I honestly don’t think you’ll ever find a safer, lower-risk, higher-profit method of increasing your business or profession than direct-response marketing.”
Direct response marketing is one of the best ways to launch your business on a large scale and reach everyone in your target market and beyond.
If you need help working through this process, check out our FREE test drive for the most comprehensive system of marketing tools and resources at www.ProfitandCashFlowMarketing.com
And, to get more information and receive other no-cost special audio downloads, reports, articles, blog posts, and more, visit Ron Hequet where I cover valuable topics that every person wanting to grow their business or career needs to know. And, if you’re ready to take your business to the next level, get a free assessment from me personally at Free Business Assessment or for those wanting to build your career go to Complimentary Coaching Assessment.